2.20.2009

'09 Bride


I met today with Emily and her mother, Linda for a bridal consultation. Emily brought pictures of flower styles she likes but really didn't have a clear vision of what she wanted. My first question to a bride is "Tell me three words that would describe the flowers at your wedding". This always helps me to get an understanding of the bride herself and the emotion she wants expressed through her flowers.
She knew she wanted an all-ivory bouquet but wasn't sure which specific flowers. We discussed using vendela roses, ivory ranunculus, mini callas, hydrangea, lisianthus and stock. She really likes the ruffly, lacy type flowers. I will put together a proposal for her with different flower combinations at different price points.
Her bridesmaids will be wearing a soft yellow silk dress with an elegant bow at the waist. Emily had thought of ivories and greens as a possibility for their bouquets. She mentioned that she liked stock, a very fragrant flower. I suggested perhaps using stock in a soft lavender color for her maids and she really perked up at that color idea. I like when that happens!
We had an enjoyable meeting that lasted about an hour and a half. Her wedding is in August and I hope to be doing it!

1 comment:

  1. Cathy, Em and I are so excited about having you as our floral designer. We look forward to meeting you at Dunaway Gardens within the next few weeks. I know that you will love the venue, and your design talents will complement the beautiful natural gardens. - Linda

    ReplyDelete