2.01.2009

A toasty fire

There is one thing in life that I really love - a nice warm crackling fire. We have a fireplace in the living room and there are days where a fire burns literally all day long. I love it. But in order to have fire, you need wood. And for us, we need lots of it.
David rented a wood splitter and we finally split the two giant oak trees that have been sitting in stumps and chunks in our backyard. Our neighbors had the trees removed a while ago and we were fortunate to get the wood from them.
So, the family spent the day splitting, carting and stacking. We have a ton of wood now which should last us through the rest of the winter season. I know I will be sore tomorrow!
One of my hopes for the future is to someday have a fireplace in the bedroom. Falling asleep next to a roaring fire - pure bliss if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment