1.17.2011

Snowpocalypse 2011

Well, Snowpocalypse 2011 was quite a treat! 

The snow fell, the hills were sledded and tons of hot chocolate was made.  (My husband has the Williams-Sonoma hot chocolate maker in which you combine milk and shaved chocolate (or chocolate morsels) and it heats, melts and swirls it all to frothy perfection.) 

Movies were watched, games were played, fires were burned and it was amazing that we were unable to go anywhere for about 4 days because of icy roads.  I headed over to the flower market on that 4th day and almost made it there fine.  As I was heading down the hill to turn into the parking lot, I began to slide.  There was already a flower shop delivery van that had slid and was stuck at an angle against another car.  That one spot on the hill was crazy icy.

Fortunately I was able to get traction down the hill and made it to a dry spot.  However, because the highways were shut down with ice, the market had very little fresh flowers. 

I am so glad I did not have a wedding this past weekend!

It is now a rainy Martin Luther King Day.  Everything should be "business as usual" tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment